Monday, November 12, 2007

Unwrap Text

If you've spent any time reading my previous blog posts, you know that I am pretty into customizing my Firefox with add-ons. Let me tell you about one of my favorite add-ons, Unwrap text.

Unwrap text is an extremely simple applications that makes things a lot easier. Have you ever noticed how annoying it can be to look up a multi-line address in Google Maps or Mapquest? First, you have to copy and past the street line, then the city/state/zip line. Not anymore. If you have Unwrap Text, you can highlight the whole address, right-click and select "Unwrap text" to open a new tab with that address mapped out in Google Maps.

You can also use Unwrap Text to unwrap URLs that have wrapped to multiple lines and are no longer clickable. Here is one example. Many times, Thunderbird breaks long URLs into multiple lines and renders them unclickable. If you select the whole URL (all lines), paste into your broswer's URL field, select all, and unwrap text, the link will work. I know; that sounds really confusing. It's actually pretty easy. Just play around with it.

This add-on is highly recommended.

No comments: