Wednesday, October 31, 2007

I'm back!

Hi, and Happy Halloween! Sorry for the dearth of posts over the past couple of days. I just got back from a relaxing trip to Vermont. My wife and I stayed at the Equinox Resort, which was pretty awesome. Here are a couple of recommendations if you find yourself in the Manchester, VT area:

- Laney's Restaurant - some of the best ribs I have ever had; they came with homemade BBQ sauce. I wasn't reckless enough to try the deep-fried cornbread with maple butter, but I am sure that it is very good.

- Up For Breakfast - I am rarely impressed by breakfast, as it is usually just different permutations of the same half-dozen foods. But, Up For Breakfast really impressed me. I had the "Morning Glory Pancakes" - think a hybrid between pancakes and carrot cake.

- Vermont Pub & Brewery - went here with Richard when we visited Burlington. Try the Beetlejuice Hefeweizen (Wheat Beer).

- Mulligan's - we went to "Tijuana Tuesday" at Mulligan's. This included $10 all-you-can-eat fajitas - turns out, you can't really eat than many fajitas.

Anyway, I will get back to tech posts after this one, but just wanted to let you know of these places in case you find yourself in southern VT.

No comments: