Saturday, October 27, 2007

A non-tech post?

Given the amount of time that I spend in the city everyday, I have started to look for nice, long weekend trips that my wife and I can go on. One day, I stumbled upon a link for the Travel section of New York Magazine - I think Richard might have sent it to me. I have come to love this site for getting travel ideas. I think the market focus of the Travel section is New Yorkers who are looking to get out of the city for a little bit. Being a Philadelphian, I feel these also apply to me, since I am so close to NY.

Basically, each section in the Weekend Escape Plan is broken into 5 sections: "where to stay," "where to eat," "what to do," "insider tips," and "an oddball day." Each category is pretty self-explanatory . I should note, also, that this section even covers international destinations and other places that might be longer than just a weekend getaway.

Pretty soon, I am going on vacation to Vermont for a few days, as suggested by the article Raid the Cheese Pantry in Vermont. We're going to check out the Cabot Creamery (makers of the world's best cheddar), visit Ben and Jerry's (headquartered in Vermont), and visit Richard. I'll post some pics when I get back. I'm thinking about checking out the Kennebunks for our next trip.

Anyway, check it out and let me know if you end up trying any of these trips!

1 comment:

jamie-lee said...

Oooh Kennebunk! I have friends who live there, so I've spent a good amount of time there. It's beautiful.

Of course, if you take a trip to Maine after your little sojourn to Vermont, it will be quite clear to me that you're snubbing New Hampshire. What gives?