Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Moby Equation

One of the most hilarious things I've seen in a while is an article in The Washington Post by Bill Wyman where the author attempts to quantify "the degree to which artists besmirch their reputations when they lend their music to hawk products or companies." Anyone who knows me will tell you how much I enjoy attempting to quantify ridiculous, subjective topics using Mathematics; this article is right up my alley. I won't expound any further on why this article is hilarious. Here is a link to the article:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/10/12/AR2007101200496.html


and here is a graphic of the equation and the definitions for each variable:


Thanks so much to Mike Hennessey for showing me this article.

--Chris

No comments: