Thursday, November 8, 2007

Campus Food

OK, I know this post doesn't exactly have the same level of technical cachet as some others, but I feel it necessary to bring this discovery to your attention. As with many of my favorite technical discoveries, this one occurred during a conversation with Workstation Services. It went somethig like this:

me: hey, any good food truck recommendations?
Kyle: there is a good one on the other side of campus
me: I'm feeling kind of lazy...don't really wanna walk far
Kyle: www.campusfood.com

So, I went to campusfood.com, selected my state and university and was presented with a laundry list of restaurants in the area - many of which I didn't even know existed. Kyle and I decided to get some pizza. We ordered and the pizza guy was at our building literally in about 10 minutes!

You can order online (most places support delivery) using each restaurants full menu. When you are finished your order, you can either pay for it online or use cash when it is delivered. Apparently, you can even order via text message. They have a ton of universities included on the site, as well.

All of this is a little too sweet. I kind of wish that I didn't know about this site! Now, I have no reason to motivate myself to leave the office. Oh, well. Check it out.

No comments: